This has nothing to do with the topic. It is here just to get your attention.

A timely reminder. A new and important source of news and commentary for the Central Coast launched today. It is Voices of Monterey Bay, founded by some of the strongest journalists to ever prowl the region.

Though you’ll still have the Partisan to kick around a little while longer, I have signed on with Voices as a contributing writer, partly because Voices is a much more vigorous effort at filling in the larger and larger gaps in local journalism.

So check out Voices, sign up for email alerts and open up your checkbook to support it. It is a non-profit and your contributions are tax deductible and at least for now, your money will be matched by foundation money. Consider it in investment in your community.

• Patricia Wolff October 16, 2017, 11:13 am

Please

• Julie Reynolds Martinez October 16, 2017, 11:27 am

Thanks so much for your support, Royal. Can’t wait to see what you dig up with us!

• Anna yateman October 16, 2017, 11:48 am

How can I donate monies without doing it online? Is there a physical address for snail mail?
    As well , please tell me how to email articles.
    So many thank yous for doing this.
    Anna Yateman 8316243379
    POB 951 Pebble Beach Ca 93953

• Anna yateman October 16, 2017, 11:49 am

Correction :
    Oh 8316243370

• Margie McCurry October 16, 2017, 12:19 pm

what a relief to find out about VOICES launch today… right after I lugged my 4-page Herald up the driveway!! Thanks to all of you for hanging in there… as I keep saying…thanks for keeping journalism alive!!

• Trish October 16, 2017, 1:46 pm

Great news and thanks!!!

• Nancy Peden October 16, 2017, 2:27 pm

The kids are all right! The know lots that we old folks don’t. Best of luck. And thanks Royal!

• Joe Rosato October 16, 2017, 2:43 pm

Count me in.

• Marilyn Rose October 16, 2017, 3:17 pm

Love that y’all are doing this!! Thank you!

• Brenda Lewis October 16, 2017, 4:39 pm

Thanks for the fantastic news, Royal! It’s exactly what we need, and arrives not a moment too soon.

• James Toy October 16, 2017, 5:19 pm

It looks like VOMB is off to a good start. But unlike the Partisan they don’t allow comments on articles other than letters to the editor. They say they don’t want to deal with anonymous trolls, which I get, but there are ways around that like using a Facebook comment plug-in which allows Facebook users to post comments under their real names.

• Karl Pallastrini October 16, 2017, 7:13 pm

With James on this one. Half the fun was the comments on the articles. No….75% of the fun.

• david fairhurst October 17, 2017, 9:58 am

It seemed to me that very few “hid” in a fake “aka” in the comments sections of the Partisan. I think most sort of discount the view of someone that hides who they are, they are false and unreal to begin with. I found the “responses” an interesting part and informative part of the discussion, questions could be asked, responed too and answered. It was anything but a echo chamber of one sided opinion, as far as the “comments” became concerned. It was good for all to know that even if you disagreed with someone on one issue you could find your self in an agreement with them on another. I think the World would be a better place if there were more forums like the Partisan produced.
        Royal I think you created a special and unique child with the dialouge that ensued. Tough to control, but always interesting and made you think. It is interesting to learn how others think and believe which was only possible in a forum as you created. I am sorry to hear that the new blog site with be so ridged in control of alternative opinion, takes most of the fun and interest out of it. Does the World really need another new and a mini version blog of one sided opinion expressions like that of a CNN, CBS, NBC, ABC or FOX? So many “talk” about wanting to have a “discussion” about issues, but in truth they only want to talk to their mirrors or only those with the same mindset. What was Jimmy Kimbels latest remark about how if someone didn’t share his opinion about health care or gun control he wouldn’t want to have that discussion with them anyways. Wow that sure leads to understanding, “Co-exist” and “Tolerance” seem to be meaningless since Trump was elected President, meaning that the “Left” cannot do as they commanded others to do. I do wonder and ask of why there is such a hate, falseness, and the destruction, (history and liberties) now being shown by the “Left”, especially since Hilary lost.

• Rachel Anne Goodman October 16, 2017, 5:42 pm

I’m so happy to see this launching. Given that the region will have a new community radio station at 90.7 FM very soon, let’s collaborate on getting news out to the people who vote. Such an important effort. Congratulations!

• Roger Dahl October 17, 2017, 6:22 am

Please sign me up.

• Roger Dahl October 17, 2017, 6:28 am

My parakeet is complaining about the the lack of readable print in the bottom of his cage. There has to be more to life than discussing, seeming to be endlessly, the vagaries of Cal Am!

• Howard P. Strohn October 18, 2017, 9:11 pm

Just want to say I have greatly enjoyed The Partisan, something like it was needed and still is. Hoping The Voice fills the bill.